There’ve been a lot of things I wanted to write about, however, I never had the opportunity to do so. After returning home from work last Friday, I discovered that the top floor of my house had no electricity. A quick check revealed that a fuse had blown. According to my grandma, this was due to a thunderstorm that happened earlier.
After replacing the fuse, my grandma discovered that her TV cannot be switched on. My maid’s TV also had the same problem… no Indonesian serials for her. I shudder at the thought of the TV in my room facing the same problem.
As soon as I switched on the power socket, I heard crackles and smelled the aroma of burnt electrical components. Bargh! My Astro unit was also rendered useless.
I fearfully head towards my computer room fearing the worst. Thankfully, the computer can power up. However, my fears are confirmed. My ADSL modem got electrocuted as well.
That’s it! I’m investing in a surge protector no matter what.