Family: “Microsoft Murdered Our Son!”

A family from Illinois is suing Microsoft, claiming that an XBox 360 overheating power supply sparked a fire that killed their infant son:

According to the suit, the wiring that connected the Xbox 360 to an electrical outlet became so hot that it started a “catastrophic” fire at a house in Warsaw, Illionis. The victim, an infant named Wade Kline, died in the inferno.

“The fire was a direct and proximate result of the overheating of the game’s power supply and wiring,” claims the lawsuit, which was filed in State Circuit Court in Illinois. Microsoft, Wal-Mart, and an unnamed power-supply maker have been named in the suit.

Hmm… what an event to preceed Microsoft’s planned launch of a “mystery product”. Perhaps the mystery product is a fireproof power supply unit for the XBox 360 😛

2 responses to “Family: “Microsoft Murdered Our Son!””.

  1. cindy Says:


    I’ve heard of kids dying of too much online game, but this one is something new.

  2. Site Admin Azmeen Says:

    Not new, really… especially in a litigious society such as those of the USA.

    A lawsuit always seem to be the preferred method of solving a problem. Sometimes, I think if people only use common sense and self-analysis, such incidences would be reduced… significantly!