The Windows Key, also called WinKey for short is most often used to launch the Windows Start Menu. However, did you know that it can perform a lot of other functions when pressed in combination with other keys?
Here are some useful Winkey combinations that you might find useful (in the list below “Win +” means “press the Windows key along with…”):
- Win + E: Run Windows Explorer
- Win + R: Show Run window
- Win + U: Run Utility Manager
- Win + D: Show Desktop (by minimizing all windows, press this combination again to restore them)
- Win + F: Run Windows Search
- Win + L: Log out from Windows
- Win + B: Go to Windows taskbar notification area
- Win + M: Minimize All Windows
By using suitable Winkey combinations, you can save a lot of time and be more efficient when using Windows. For example, if you need to look for certain files or shortcuts on your desktop, you can just press Win + D to minimize all windows and gain quick access to the desktop.
Sure beats minimizing twenty windows manually, right