KUALA LUMPUR, 6 AUGUST, 2007 â€” SonicWALL, Inc. (NASDAQ: SNWL), a leading provider of IT security and data protection solutions, today launched the latest version of its award-winning Aventail SSL VPN remote access platform that makes it easier than ever for organizations to manage security threats and control remote access. Aventail STv is the first product delivered following the completion of SonicWALL’s acquisition of Aventail Corporation on July 11, 2007.
Aventail STv from SonicWALL adds a number of advanced features designed to provide benefits in three key areas: detecting the identity and security of the end point; protecting applications through granular access controls; and connecting users securely to network applications. New capabilities include multi-box management, attachment blocking, Vista support and SmartPhone support.
Aventail STv is the first enterprise level SSL VPN solution available to users of SmartPhones and PDAs. SonicWALL’s Aventail STv SSL VPNs secures access from devices running Windows, Windows Mobile, Linux, and Macintosh, and enables comprehensive reach to all network resources with granular policy and bi-directional access controls.
The need for Aventail STv
With the growth in the number of mobile workers and SmartPhones and PDA devices connected to the network, IT managers must deal with higher volumes of security threats from a variety of sources. Providing secure remote access control via SSL VPN for remote and traveling employees, third-party consultants and guest users is an essential element both in protecting the network from security threats and in managing a disaster recovery scenario.
“Aventail STv makes it easier for enterprises to manage scenarios based on mobile workers using SmartPhone Mobile PDAs, and plan for disaster recovery, pre-production lab deployments, and global deploymentsâ€”with the ease of use that its customers have come to expect from this award-winning remote access solution,” said Chris Witeck, director of product marketing at SonicWALL. “Aventail STv is the first enterprise level remote access solution offering universal access through a single gateway, a seamless user experience, and central management for all access methods. With this release, we are offering our most advanced new features to date.”
Features of Aventail STv include:
- Multi-Box Management, enabling network managers to manage their global remote access control policy from a single location that can be easily replicated to additional appliancesâ€”a valuable asset for organizations leveraging the solution for disaster recovery, pre-production lab deployments and global deployments.
- Attachment Blocking, making it easy to create security policies that associate trust for the end device with the ability to download email attachments or other sensitive data. For example, organizations can increase security by allowing users to download attachments from managed machines while blocking the download of email attachments by non-managed machines.
- Vista Support, providing ease of use and universal access across devices, including those running Vista, with both of its market-leading access methods: the clientless Workplace and Connect Tunnel.
- SmartPhone Support. Aventail is the only secure remote access solution that provides:
- comprehensive client/server support for Microsoft Windows Mobile PDAs and Smartphones;
- end point control interrogation to determine trust for mobile devices, enabling access to be limited appropriately;
- the ability to create universal policies, enabling network managers to set security and access control policies, that apply to users on laptops, kiosks, and mobile devices, in a single operation.
Customers will also benefit from additional security features in the Aventail STv SSL VPN platform including the market’s fastest and most advanced end point checking, Advanced Reporting, Support for Microsoft IE7, Advanced Microsoft Active Directory Support, Virtual Keyboard, Device Watermarking, Quarantine Zones, End Point Control for mobile devices, simplified setup with Dynamic Groups, single sign-on (SSO) support with Dual/Stacked Authentication and Forms-Based Configuration, Session Persistence for roaming access, enhanced Citrix support, and NAT mode for Smart Tunneling that streamlines administrative support of IP address pools.
Over 2.5 million end users worldwide rely on Aventail’s strengths in security, access, policy, end point control, and mobility in higher-end enterprise control deployments.
Availability and Pricing
SonicWALL’s Aventail STv SSL VPN will be available at the end of August, 2007, through SonicWALL’s worldwide of channel partners. Pricing starts at USD$5,594 for the SonicWALL Aventail EX-750, a full-featured SSL VPN appliance tailored to small to mid-sized enterprises; USD$13,994 for the SonicWALL Aventail EX-1600, an enterprise-class solution tailored for mid-sized enterprises; and USD$32,194 for the SonicWALL Aventail EX-2500, a scalable, enterprise-class solution, supporting high availability with integrated load-balancing capabilities.
SonicWALL’s Aventail STv SSL VPN solution is being distributed by Trans Niaga Sdn. Bhd. and will be available at the end of August 2007. For more information, please visit www.transniaga.com.