Blogging is undeniably one of the fastest growing Internet phenomenon. Almost everyone is doing it and you’re probably itching to hop on the bandwagon.
Although blogging has its benefits, launching a blog without being fully prepared can have significant impact on your life. If not launched wholeheartedly a blog can be a complete waste of time and productivity. If you’re using paid hosting, it can be the worst investment you’ve made.
I’ve been blogging for more than five years (in fact, when I started, the term blog hasn’t even existed), and would like to share these 10 tips on launching a new blog.
- Have at least 10 posts ready upon launching
- Don’t use the default theme and test your chosen theme thoroughly
- Have a decent command of your chosen blogging language. If your writing is hard to understand, your blog will be doomed before it even started
- Screw niches, your blog would choose that by itself. But if you have one planned for your blog, stick to it!
- Update the new blog with new posts at least once a day but don’t publish junk or plagiarised content
- Motivate yourself to write. If you’re having problems getting inspired, better kill off your blog now rather than let it rot
- Get linked (purchased or otherwise) from the start
- Don’t worry about income at first; focus on good content first and money will come
- Comment on other blogs and bloggers will reciprocate
- Monitor your blog’s statistics but don’t focus too much time with the numbers; instead, focus on writing more on popular topics
What do you think of the list? Are you a seasoned blogger who has advice for those who’re considering to start blogging? Or are you a new blogger who learned blogging lessons the hard way? I’d love to learn from you! Please share your knowledge.
If you like this list, please share it with your friends. You should also subscribe to HTNet’s RSS feed to get updated whenever I share something new.