While going through my feed subscriptions last night, I stumbled on Criz’s (a very gifted writer in my opinion, check out his blog) post entitled; Sounds of Nature, Sounds of Life, Silence from the Blogosphere?.
The post got me thinking as to why I don’t comment more often. I started to list them down and the end result is this post. Mind you though, that this is not a list of reasons why I don’t comment on Criz’s or any other specific blog. It’s just a general list.
- It covers something I have absolutely no knowledge of, or opinion worth sharing
- The post seems to be preaching something I’m already sold on
- The post seems to be preaching something I’m bitterly against
- Commenting on your blog requires registration
- Comments are not for barter trading; just because you comment on my blog, I’m not obligated to reciprocate
- It looks like an insincere sponsored post
- I’m just being polite and not wanting to be involved in a (potential) flamewar
- Your blog ate a comment I put significant effort in composing, and I couldn’t be arsed to go through the experience again
- I could’ve sworn I commented on another blog’s post covering the same topic; repetition is boring
- Your post doesn’t seem to have a point of view
- Other comments already cover my opinion or asked questions I’m curious about
- The post was too wordy and I got lost
- The post was too short and I felt shorthanded
What about you? Why don’t you comment more often? You could start by commenting on this post