KUALA LUMPUR, SEPT 13, 2007 – F5 Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ: FFIV), the global leader in Application Delivery Networking, showcased its Application Ready Network framework for two popular Microsoft applications – Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Exchange Server 2007 at the Microsoft Tech.Ed SEA 2007 exhibition at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Center from September 11-13 recently.
Event Gold Sponsor F5 Networks demonstrated to exhibition visitors, mainly comprising IT developers and administrators, how F5′s Application Ready Network (ARN) is designed as a holistic application network infrastructure to optimized Microsoft Office 2007 system – including Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 by functioning as a simply overlay network.
Ivan Wen, Country Manager, F5 Networks, Malaysia said, “The F5 ARN adds value to enterprise organizations which have invested in these two Microsoft applications.”
“In short, F5′s ARN removes the bottlenecks outside the application’s control, such as WAN latency, that put application deployments at risk. It improves end-user client performance, creates an even stronger security posture, unifies access control and enforcement, and ensures the superior scalability of the 2007 Office system applications.”
F5 ARN: Designed, tested, and documented for Microsoft Applications
Below are examples of the repeatable test results of using F5′s ARN for Microsoft applications:
- Acceleration – End-user client experience improved up to 5x for Exchange Server 2007 and SharePoint Server 2007 deployments (with no changes at all to the applications themselves)
- Optimization – Reduced bandwidth load by 50 percent and server load by 30 percent, saving money and enabling consolidation of resources
- Scalability – Doubled the scale at one-third of the infrastructure cost, providing a repeatable 99.999% availability model
The F5 ARN was designed for application developers, architects, and network professionals, empowering these teams to leverage F5′s network infrastructure resources as a service. It functions as a reusable and open system platform. Key benefits for the user include:
- Improved client application response time by up to 5 times
- Lowered infrastructure and operation costs by 50 percent
- Simplified and unified security to reduce errors, complexity, and costs
- Five nines (99.999) of availability for Microsoft applications
Wen said, “Through an open and dynamic architecture, F5′s ARN facilitates better collaboration between the network and application teams.”
“The result is improved processes, reduced operational costs, and faster deployment for Exchange Server 2007 and Office SharePoint Server 2007. In developing this network, F5 compiled targeted research, engineering, testing, and documentation on how to deploy an optimized infrastructure to enable Microsoft customers to reduce application roll-out times by up to 33%.”
F5′s Application Ready Network is available today. Contact F5 Networks (Malaysia) at 603-6203 3048 or Convergence Networks Sdn Bhd at 03-7859 1975.