When I took a look at my mobile phone at dawn after waking up, I was greeted with this text message from Joneh who sent it at 11:21pm the night before:
Meen, the server down for 1 hour already! WTF like that?
It was probably the first time I got WTF’d by Joneh. Hahah!
Anyway, some major software screwup had happened on the server and all my hosted sites were down for the whole of yesterday. Yep, sucks to be a reseller when you can’t do much on the server side. But one day, I can afford a dedicated server, or at the very least a decent VPS setup.
After my SSH access to the server had died, and all the monitoring I could do was on a Nagios setup on a remote site, I did the following activities:
- Walked around the office more often
- Participated in gossips instead of just eavesdropping on them
- Catch up on world news
- Clean up my desktop (both in the computing and literal sense of the word)
- Visit more non-blog web sites
- Shop for new hosting providers
Now HTNet is back up and I can sleep better tonight 😛