Time is the most fairly distributed resources among living beings. Every human, animal and plant have 24 hours every day, 60 minutes in an hour, 60 seconds in a minute. Period. Nobody and nothing have any more or any less. But why is it that some people achieve a lot with their time while others fail miserably?
The key is in how you use your time. Most people waste more time than they can afford and this causes them to achieve less compared to those who use time efficiently. So how can we optimize our time to achieve more?
Have a plan and make it work!
- Know what you want to achieve; today, this week, this month, next month
- Write it down, get someone to remind you; the important thing is to make it stick in your head… and you stick to it
- Yes, it’s cliche, but it’s true; fail to plan = plan to fail
Prioritize: Because you can’t do everything now
- Urgent vs Important: Identifying what has to be done and when
- Anything that takes more time than it should is robbing it off more important activities
- Can this be done now? Do you have the means and resources to do it? What hangs in the balance?
Reduce the possibilities of distractions
- Location and Time: Certain tasks requires optimal surroundings to get done; others aren’t as tedious
- Develop stronger focusing skills (so you can tick even in inconducive environments)
- Discipline: Ignoring distractions require a strong will
Get organized: Are you ready for battle?!
- Be sure to know what equipment you need and where to get it!
- Don’t go ill-equipped, but don’t bring a hammer when all you need is a screwdriver either!
Do you have to do it yourself?
- If you can; delegate! Focus on the important things
- Does somebody owe you something? This might be a good time to get a favour returned!
- Teamwork is spreading a big responsibility into smaller jobs for members
Got your own anti-time wasting tips? Please share them in the comments. I love learning new things from my visitors!
If you like this post, please seriously consider subscribing to my feed. You’ll get alerted as soon as I post something new. You could also share this post with your friends, just click the Share This icon below 🙂
Photo Credit: Tool box by _sarchi