Joe Kraus has written an entry on why now is a great time to be an entrepreneur. A good writeup, although the obvious limitation would be that it’s a great article on the topic of net entrepreneurship but not necessarily entrepreneurship in general.
Reasons for his insight are as follows:
- Hardware is 100X cheaper
- Infrastructure software is free
- Access to Global Labor Markets
- SEM changes everything
And the consequences are:
- More people can and will be entrepreneurs than ever before
- Funding sources explode which enables more entrepreneurs
- More bootstrapping to profitability
- Higher valuations for VCs
So, what do you think? I’d love to hear your comments.