Photo Credit: n o n o
So what’s the key to happiness? You’ll get different answers depending on who you ask. What’s important is the essentials. I’ve received an email that lists useful advice on how to live a more satisfying life and I feel that I should share some of the points listed with you.
Once you’ve gone through the list, pick those that you haven’t already been doing and start implementing it immediately. Talk to your colleague in the cubicle next to you. Call your wife or girlfriend just to say “I love you”. Or you can patch up the differences over an argument you had with your partner.
The important thing is to take action… and to do it now.
- Donate to those in need and do it wholeheartedly.
- Marry someone you love talking to because effective communication becomes more important with age.
- Don’t believe everything you hear.
- When you say “I love you”, mean it!
- When saying “Sorry”, look at the person’s eyes.
- Don’t laugh at dreamers. People with no dreams have nothing to look forward to.
- When opinions differ, argue your points in a civilized manner and avoid naming names.
- Don’t place too much judgment based on one’s family’s heritage.
- Think fast but project calmness during discussions.
- When someone asks you an uncomfortable question, just smile and say, “Why do you want to know?”
- Remember that love and big ambitions come at a premium. Are you willing to pay the price?
- When put in a difficult situation, remember to never be rude!
- 3Rs to remember: Respect yourself. Respect others. Always be Responsible.
- Don’t let small issues destroy big relationships.
- Everybody makes mistakes. What’s important is how you rectify it.
- Smile when answering the phone. The person on the other end can hear your smile.
- There are times when you need to be alone.
So do you agree with the items on the list? I’d love to hear from you… just drop a comment or two 🙂