Photo Credit: emma.c
I was born 31 years ago on this date. Three decades on this earth… wow! I’ve met so many interesting people and done so many deeds that I’m very proud of.
To commemorate my 31st birthday, I’ve decided to list down 31 things that I believe in. I try to run my life as closely as I can to these 31 points. I’m sure there will be revisions to this list just as I’m sure there are things to be added to it.
But as it is, here are The 31 Things That I Believe Everyone Should Know.
- Not everything goes as planned, but things will go a lot better with at least some level of planning
- Money isn’t everything but everything needs money
- There are things you can teach children but they are better educators when it comes to appreciation
- Perfect timing is a myth, especially when it comes to doing anything life changing
- There’s only so far you can go by playing safe
- Always be willing to try anything at least once, it’s the only way to be sure
- When you’re not happy with what you’re doing; stop!
- The only reason you’re not seeing a better potential is because you stopped looking
- Everyone gets the same amount of time in a day, the successful ones utilize it better
- Sometimes we need a break… everyone does!
- Taking action and analyzing potential can be a tricky thing; when stuck, trust your gut instinct
- Sometimes when you have no control over the situation, just try to get by safely and gracefully
- Crazy people can give you great ideas and inspirations, it’s the psychotic ones you should watch out for
- If you worry too much about making something that breaks you won’t be making anything
- Improvise. Always. Even when you’re not told to do so!
- Go out of your way to meet people. It’s almost always profitable
- Stop lamenting about the “good old days”, they’re never coming back
- There’s nothing you can do about your past, but the future starts now. Try not to mess it up!
- Sleep cures a lot of pain, but don’t get overdosed on it
- Small things usually give the greatest benefits
- Always listen to people when they are angry with you, the tend to be most honest then
- Trust the evidence, even when emotions tell you it can’t be true
- Appreciate nature. You grandchildren might never see the things you’re seeing
- Take one step at a time, as quickly as you can. Because the world isn’t going to wait for you!
- Don’t fear failure because it’s just a signal to get back on track
- You can gain knowledge by doing something somewhere at some time. Always!
- Jealousy is normal, just don’t let it consume you.
- There’s a difference between being competitive and being a saboteur; competitors have honour, saboteurs don’t
- The only reason to let an undertaking run on auto-pilot is when it’s stable and self-sustaining
- Opportunities don’t pop up, you have to find them
- Nobody can make it by himself. Your destiny is decided by those you have around you.
Happy birthday to me 🙂