At around 9:22pm tonight Malaysian time (GMT+8), Dr Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor will be Malaysia’s first astronaut. He’ll be flying to the ISS (and into the history books) via a Soyuz rocket blasting off from Kazakhstan.
You might think that he probably has the best job any Malaysian can have. But I have a feeling that it’s probably not as rosy as it seems. Here’s why:
- Many Malaysians are politicizing his trip; saying that it’s a waste of public fund, that Dr Muszaphar is merely a government sponsored space tourist and not a “real” astronaut
- Politicians are trying to use him as a “space ambassador of Malaysia” by suggesting that he brings along sambal belacan, roti canai, teh tarik and batik into space
- The religionazis are busying themselves with finding 1001 ways to “teach” Dr Muszaphar on how to perform his religious duties in space
It’s really a shame that the Soyuz Dr Muszaphar will be boarding to outer space could only fit a few passengers. If only it could carry more people, I’d probably recommend that he brings along the following people:
- Bloody overly-political Malaysians who will always skew anything into a race, political or religious perspective
- Politicians – all of them useless buggers
- Religionazis: For Milky Way’s sake; religion is a belief! Get over it already!
…and dump them into a black hole somewhere.
To Dr Muszaphar, just focus on the mission and don’t give a hoot to what these idiots have to say. You’re going into space anyway, and probably none of these morons even have 1% of your IQ to even understand the significance of this mission.